Thursday, September 16, 2010

CityScapes

For this project we had to take pictures of shapes: triangles, circles, square/rectangles and combo pictures. I really liked the roses and flowers for the circular aspect of the project. It was easier to find circular and square objects than triangular shaped objects. Even though they were difficult to find the triangular shaped ones were the most interesting to take pictures of. In the combo pictures I chose hearts because I felt they were a combination of circular and triangular. This project was a lot of fun

Circular:





Triangle:




Square/Rectangle:




Combo/Contrast:



4 comments:

  1. I like how not one of your pictures is alike. You have all different examples of each shape. I think my favorite is the one with roses because you captured the sidewalk in the corners, almost creating a triangle looking shape, while not being the main focus.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also really like the pictures of the plants with the sidewalk because it's contrasting two very different things, one is in grew naturally and the other is man made. My favorite however is the picture of the arch in front of the house, i like how you can see through the bars. I think you could have pushed yourself to get less ordinary objects and more details and intricate, architectural designs. Also the picture of the flower in the circular section, doesn't quite make the flower stand out because the exposure on it is very bright.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I liked how you have all these pictures of intricate smaller things, with the close ups on the plants. Also along with you photos of plants and smaller things you have photos of more solid things like a tire, a building, a tree. These two types of photo combine well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the picture of the flowers with the fence in the background. The contrast of colors, shapes, and natural vs man made is great. Also the picture of the flowers with the side walk pictured in it captures the idea of nature vs man made. You really captured the assignment regarding contrasting shapes/textures and did a good job.

    ReplyDelete